Monday, May 26, 2008

Gotcha Day!

We finally met Adelaide! It was an amazing moment when the group of 13 families got to meet their daughters. I will never forget the excitement and anticipation when the nannies brought each family their baby. All of the girls were dressed in the same outfits. This was life changing to say the least!
It has been an emotional day for Brad, Addie and I. We are all adjusting to each other. Addie
was on a hunger strike most of the day, but finally took part of her bottle! She has been
a trooper today. She has experienced a huge change since yesterday. Brad finally go her to
smile, which was a great feeling. She likes her rattle. She really likes Congee, which is
a rice soup dish that is very common here in China. We are all getting to know one another.
Eloise will have to show Addie all of her tricks! We cannot wait to get home and unite our
GIRLS!
We hope all is well back home! Love, Kelly and Brad

10 comments:

gramma and gramps said...

Dear Kelly, Brad and Addie

Wow! What a wonderful day. Addie you look great. You just hit the life lottery. I cannot imagine a better opportunity than to have such great parents. Wecome to our tribe. Oh what wonderful things you will see and do. We send our love and respect.

Gamma and Gramps.

Mom said...

What a wonderful, beautiful experience. We can't wait to share your joy. Addie you're a keeper. Love, Aunt Karen

Unknown said...

Amazing. What a journey! And to think this is all just the begining. Addie is absolutely beautiful and we can't wait to meet her. As for thr smile...Mendy you have always had a way with the ladies. Enjoy the rest of your stay and safe travels back home.

Gerard, Julie & Owen

an said...

It's bedtime in China and I picture you trying to put Addie to bed. Not wanting to end the day and unable to wait until tomorrow. Each moment is a "pinch me" moment. I am so happy for you all.
Enjoy and I wish you many smiles.
Love, Aunt Jan and Sam

kari said...

Wow another beautiful niece! I am overwhelmed with excitement. I know it won't be long before Addie realizes what awesome parents she has. She thinks congee is good just wait till Gramps slips her a french fry (when she is a bit older of course). Enjoy your time with your new baby girl. You have one at home ready to show Addie all sorts of fun things. Love you all- Give Addie a big squeeze from Aunt Kari and Uncle DJ

Grandma Gail said...

I can't wait to meet Granddaughter #3. She looks healthy and happy. She has no idea what a great family she now has. Give her a big hug and kiss from Dad and Me. Eloise and I are having a great time. Family and friends have been a big help. Keep sending new info and pictures.

Mindy said...

Congrats! You have another beautiful baby girl! I can't wait to meet you, Addie. Take care.

Love, Mindy

Betsy said...

Wow - I can't believe you are there with her. What an emotional trip it's been, I'm sure. You look so wonderful and natural with Addie in your arms. We can't wait to meet her and introduce her to her new friends. Travel safely and come home soon!!!
Much Love,
Betsy, Mike & Megan

Becky said...

Congratulations! It is very exciting to see pictures of you with your new little girl. Addie is beautiful. It looks like you are enjoying every moment. Thanks for sharing with us; we can't wait to see pictures of Eloise with all of you.

Love,
Becky, Brett, John and Rachel

cq said...

Oh, guys, she is precious! I can just imagine the incredible days you are having as you get to know your new daughter. It is so exciting to read your updates. Can't wait to see you all!!
- Carrie, Jim & Abigail