
Gimmee a "W", gimmee an "A", gimmee an "L", gimmee a "squiggle", gimmee a "MART", what's it spell ... Wal-Mart!
Yep, a big day today for Adelaide and the new family. We all had a great night's sleep. As you can see from the photo, Addie spent the night with her feet sticking out of the crib. Obviously, cribs here in China do not conform with US standards for safety. We spent the entire morning trekking around Nanchang to complete paperwork at different locales. The best part was observing the city
traffic - I've never seen a mix of cars, buses, bikes, mopeds, and pedestrians all mesh together so seamlessly. Nobody looks at one another or stops for one another, they just somehow move along together. Crossing the street in Nanchang is an extreme sport - you just start walking and play chicken with the various motorized vehicles coming your way. The only downside of this system is the numerous crashes that take place each day.In the afternoon, we all headed to Wal-Mart to stock up on baby supplies. The Supercenter was very similar to those back in the US, aside from some scary looking offerings in the meat section.

Tomorrow is a "free day". We plan to lay low and get Addie on a better feeding schedule. See everybody soon!
17 comments:
I am so glad to see a bow in Addie's hair. Now I know she is Brad & Kelly's daughter. Eloise says she can have all of hers. The only way I can get one in her hair is to attack from the back. The only problem with that method is you never know where on her head it will land. I know you are counting down the days until you get home and so are we. Everybody here is really being great.
Thank you for the new photos. You don't know how many times I have enlarged them to smile at my new great niece. Of course, I love to see the happiness on the faces of my niece and nephew, as well. I know you couldn't be enjoying yourself if you didn't have confidence that El wasn't in the best of hands. Thanks to Grandma Gail for giving you that kind of peace. Of course, with Gramps and Gramma Alice showing up on Thursday, there could be trouble. Thanks, again, for the update on our new angel. I look forward to more news soon. Love Aunt Jan and Sam
Congratulations.
She is beautiful. You have a lovely family. Can't wait to meet her. Lynn & Coach
I absolutely love seeing all the new photos of Addie! She looks amazing! I'm sure you both must be exhausted and ready to come home. I am so excited for you and I get a little teary-eyed with each blog entry. (Thanks, Bradley)
We had so much fun with Ellie on Sunday! Can't wait to see you all!
Love,
Erin
That is more like it. Color coordinated bow and everything. You could have a future risk taker on your hands- sleeping with her feet dangling in the air- maybe a future gymnast. Have fun and enjoy the sights. Take lots of photos for Addie and Eloise. We miss you guys and can't wait to see that sweet little girl!- Kari & DJ
I am greatful for all your pictures and hope all is going well. You all look so happy. Addie, pink is definitely your color. Can't wait to see you all. Love, Aunt Karen
Kelly and Brad! It is so good to see your pictures and to see Adelaide! China sounds amazing! We were thinking of you all day yesterday when you went to get Adelaide. The pictures are amazing and we can't wait to see you all when you get back! Much love, Jen and Tom
Wow - what a cutie! Love the pink too. She sleeps like Abby - in positions that seem so uncomfortable but she loves it. Your Walmart adventure looks like it was fun!
Carrie
Hi Brad,Kelly and your new little cutie Addie. We can only imagine how happy the two of you are to finally have her in your arms. We got to play with Grandma and Ellie today. What a sweetie and that smile of hers with her little teeth peeking through. I know you are missing your little Ellie here at home, but Grandma is loving every minute. Only 1 more week. Love, Jen Luther and Bob abd Sue
Addie is beautiful! Alex and I are thrilled for all of you - good luck with everything and on the trip home.
Gouri Edlich
The picture of you with the Wal-Mart greeter is an absolute keeper...I'm also impressed that you remembered the Wal-Mart cheer. Of course all of this pails in comparison to lil Addie. I echo everyone's sentiment regarding the bow...it just feels and looks so right. Kelly - i'll tell the folks at Tadpoles and Tiddlers to double their order on bows and head bands in preperation for your return stateside. - G, J, and O
It is so amazing to see your pictures and hear about your adventure. We are sooo excited for the two of you.
Addie is so adorable and she is so blessed to have such warm and loving parents! we can't wait to hear more news and updates soon!
Take care and keep giving Addie tons of hugs and kisses!
Love,
Cricia and family
Wow! Addie is so beautiful- I am so excited to meet her!! I can't wait for the 2 girls to be together... they are so lucky to have eachother! Eloise and I had a blast together over the weekend :) She is so much fun! Miss you & come home soon!! luv Tif & Brian (i agree with the bow comments too!)
Congratulations Kelly & Brad!!!!!!! Addie is super cute and I can not wait to meet her in person! I have enjoyed reading about your journey to get Addie. It looks like you guys have been having an experience of a lifetime. I can't wait to see all of your pictures and hear more about the trip. All is well back in the 'hood. We're all anxious to see you guys and meet Addie! Looking forward to your next blog. Safe travels.
Addie is so gorgeous! I can't wait to hear and read more about your trip and I can't wait to see pictures of Addie and Eloise together! What fun you will have. We've been thinking of you all week!
Jen
Oh Addie! Wait until I show you a Target. Or better yet, Disney World. We'll have so much fun. My heart is so happy today for the 4 of you. Brad, it's a good thing you know about purses:)
Love you all!
Brad, Kelly, and Addie!
What an amazing experience! I love reading your blog and thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! I am so happy for you all and cannot wait to meet Addie! Eloise seems to be having fun strolling the neighborhood with Grandma! Safe travels and look forward to more blogs!
Lots of love and baby blessings!
Bridgette, Christopher, and Ava
Post a Comment